Watching carbohydrates can be the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle. All the foods we love have them, but too many carbs can lead to increased fat stores. Try these five quick tips to cut carbs, but not flavor. The good news is that after a few weeks, your body won’t crave them as much!
1. Try wraps. If you don’t like the idea of using lettuce to wrap your chicken, try a whole grain wrap to satisfy your craving with fewer carbs than bread.
2. Use specialty breads. Check out the low-carb bread products if you can’t bear to part with bread. Try a few different brands to find the one that satisfies your taste buds.
3. Cut down on white potatoes. For a flavorful change, add a baked sweet potato to your meal.
4. Fix healthy pasta. Find a healthy lower carb version to have a filling meal.
5. Use fruit instead of crackers. Instead of smearing peanut butter on crackers, try using celery or apples for a tasty treat!